Stirling Mk. IV , LJ943
21 Aircraft took off with Horsa Gliders at approximately 15.00 [12.00?] hrs for the Arnhem area of Holland. The load carried included 92 troops, 18 jeeps, 7 5cwt. cars, 4 six pounder guns, 21 trailers, and 1 heavy motor cycle. 17 aircraft successfully completed their mission.F/S. Herger. Whilst over Holland F/S Herger's aircraft was forces close into a Dakota by the slipstream of another aircraft. He put his nose down to avoid Dakota - the glider went up to miss Dakota and the tow rope broke, and Glider landed safely at Overflakken.
- CAN, F/S Herger, R. B., Pilot
- CAN, F/O Antoft, O.H., Nav.
- CAN, F/O. MacDonnell, J.K., A/B
- CAN, F/S. Whitlock, L.I., W/Op.
- Sgt. Hillyard, L.G. F/E
- CAN, F/S. Thomas, J.C., A.G.