Stirling Mk. IV , LJ839
17.07.44 / 18.07.44
Fifteen aircraft were despatched to drop 338 Containers, 32 Panniers and 13 S.A.S. Troops. F/O Pascoe & F/L Anderson, brought back 48 Containers and 4 Panniers owing to no reception signals at D.Z. F/O Le Bouvier borught back 3 troops owing to no reception at one D.Z. but otherwise succeeded. All other aircraft completely succeeded.
- CAN, F/S Herger, R. B., Pilot
- CAN, F/O Antoft, O.H., Nav.
- CAN, F/O. MacDonnell, J.K., A/B
- CAN, F/S. Whitllock, L.I., WOP/Air.
- F/S. Hilliard, L.G., F/E
- CAN, F/S. Thomas, V.C., A.G.
Operation Grog. 15 aircraft took off for France between 23.00 hrs. and 23.35 hrs. to drop containers. All aircraft returned safely to base having been airborne from 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours. (Form 540)